Sunday, July 06, 2008

painting and hygiene kits

On Tuesday, we had a branch activity to put together the hygiene kits. We had a nice turnout considering we only gave 2 days notice for the activity. We were able to complete 240 kits, and there are about 60 kits that are partially incomplete that we plan to bring out to the street kids at the train station "care point" for the Salaam Balaak Trust, this is the "street kid tour" that I have taken some of our guests on. On Saturday, we took the elders out to the school to paint the whole thing. I am proud of Jared & McKay, who were sweating in the blazing sun along with the rest of us, for more than 3 hours. Jared especially was such a trooper, and only complained when he had to go to the bathroom and there wasn't one to use, and no private spots either. He painted non-stop, and wasn't goofing around or anything the whole time. McKay really wanted me to take a picture of all the kids, so much that he singlehandedly got all the kids dressed and ready, hair combed, everything, 20 minutes early. He even got everyone's scriptures laid out for church. What a good boy. Now if I could just get Ryan to stop running up to the podium to sit with Oliver during sacrament meeting. He just can't seem to be pacified... he only wants Oliver! I don't think it will be cute to the branch members much longer, either! Oh well. Amber