
We have just had another elephant party, our second since arriving. This time, the lucky birthday boys were Jared and Joel. Joel's birthday is on Monday, and Jared's is on June 7th, but since everyone leaves Delhi in the summer, we decided to have a joint party. This is the first "friend's" party for each of them, and they were so excited. This might have been the largest elephant I have seen yet.
It was 115 today (real feel), and now it's raining. So miserable! But the kids seemed oblivious to the heat today.
Last night's talent show was a hit, and so interesting. Some of it was bad, and I mean bad, but there were some very good bollywood dancers and singers, and a couple of very funny skits. It was strange though, because we don't have a cultural hall and everyone was doing their thing right in front of the podium that we use for sacrament meeting. It will be strange tomorrow to remember all that crazy dancing right in front of where the sacrament is being prepared! The activities committee bought individual pizzas for everyone, and we ate it all in the same room, during the performances! It was like a mostly bad dinner theater, only in the chapel! I wish you all could have seen it! I love this place!
Amber