Friday, August 24, 2007

Of course I took hundreds, but I tried to restrain myself, and these all have people in them except for the first of the Blue Mosque. The second is of us in front of the view across the Bosphorus into Asia. We were at Topkapi Palace. They had this huge diamond the size of my fist that someone threw out hundreds of years ago, because they thought it was fake. A street cleaner found it and somehow the sultan of the time ended up with it. The third one is of the tour guide I hired to show me Aya Sophia. He was very knowledgeable, but a little crazy, and he totally convinced this poor fellow next to the stroller that Ryan was a prince. The guy went nuts and took all these pictures. The farce went on for seriously 5 minutes. They asked me after all this excitement where he was a prince, and I couldn't lie, so the poor guys really felt sheepish. Fourth picture is of us in front of the Blue Mosque. It was so hot and humid, I felt like I was still in India. But all in all, not a bad way to spend a 10 hour layover!